Your Visa Card is issued by Vanquis Bank Limited.
Vanquis Bank Limited registered office No. 1 Godwin Street, Bradford, BD1 2SU. Registered number 02558509 England.
Vanquis Bank Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 221156)
You can find out more about the Financial Services Register of financial firms at www.fca.org.uk/register
eVanquis Terms and Conditions
- “We”, “us”, “our” means Vanquis Bank Limited whose registered office is at No. 1 Godwin Street, Bradford, BD1 2SU.
- “You”, “yourself”, “your” means you, the existing Vanquis credit card account (“Account”) customer.
- eVanquis is provided to you as a monthly contract and is renewed each month unless terminated in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- This agreement is governed by English law.
What does eVanquis offer you?
- eVanquis lets you:
- view your last 6 months of statements online;
- update your personal details;
- receive any changes to your Account terms and conditions online;
- reduce your paperwork by opting to stop postal statements and postal notification of changes to your terms and conditions on your Account. This means eVanquis is a free service to you. You can opt back to receiving paper statements and paper notification of changes to your terms and conditions at any time, however you will have to pay for eVanquis. Please see condition 11 below.
- receive information about your Account by email.
- As part of eVanquis we offer you a free SMS text service (“the SMS Text Service”), for example to let you know your online statement is ready to view, to remind you of your payment due date, and amount due.
- To register with eVanquis, it is mandatory that you provide a valid email address and mobile number, and keep these details updated via the eVanquis website. If we receive notification that an email we have sent to you has not been delivered whilst you are subscribed to eVanquis without paper statements, we may send you paper statements until we receive your updated details. We reserve the right to charge you if this happens.
- The SMS Text Service terms and conditions will apply to this facility.
- Any email or mobile number you give us will be updated onto our system and will be used to communicate to you about your Account as part of the eVanquis service. Information that will be communicated will include:
- your payment due date;
- amount to be paid;
- credit available on your Vanquis Visa card;
- your account balance;
- notifications of changes to your credit limit or interest rates; and
- other communications we are required to send you such as Notices of Sums in Arrears.
We will also use these details for other Vanquis communications and will apply any marketing preferences to this number to which you have already consented, i.e if you are opted into marketing, we will apply your marketing preferences to the mobile and email address that you give us as part of eVanquis. We may send the communications referred to in this condition contained in an email or as an attachment such as PDF.
- When using our eVanquis service, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic, unless you have opted to continue to receive paper statements and notifications.
Cost of Enrolment
- The charge for eVanquis is 49p per month (or part month) in advance and will be made to your Account and appear on your statement. Please note that if you cancel during a month, a charge will still be made to your Account for the full month. (This Service is free to all Gold Service Customers).
- Any charge that remains part paid will incur interest on your Account in accordance with the terms and conditions of your Account.
- If you opt to stop receiving paper statements, we will not charge you for eVanquis. However, if we send you a paper statement following notification that an email we have sent to you has not been delivered, you may be charged. See condition 7.
- We may make an introductory promotional offer to you on eVanquis. The limitations of the offer will be set out in its terms. If an introductory offer is coming to an end, we will notify you that the offer is ending before the offer ends.
- You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any loss or theft or unauthorised use of your Security Details (Internet ID, Passcode and Memorable Word) by calling us on 0330 099 3000, calls to 03 numbers are generally included in the 'free standard rate minutes' of landline and mobile packages; please check your plan. Otherwise calls to 03 numbers are charged at your standard rate, which is 9p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary. Lines are open between 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5.30pm on Saturday or you can contact us in writing at Vanquis Card, Customer Service, PO Box 399, Chatham, ME4 4WQ. After such notification we shall as soon as reasonably possible, issue any replacement Security Details to you.
- We will never contact you asking you to supply us with any of your Security Details for your Vanquis Card or the eVanquis service. If this does happen then it is likely to be fraudulent and you must contact us immediately.
- You should:
- not leave the device used to access eVanquis unattended whilst you are logged in;
- install and maintain reputable anti-virus, anti-spyware and personal firewall software to help protect your computer or system from any potential security breaches through the internet; and
- review and install any necessary security upgrades to your computer or system.
- To protect your Security Details you must:
- try to memorise them;
- destroy any documentation we issue to you containing Security Details;
- not write your Security Details on your computer, even if disguised;
- not keep a record of your Security Details with or near your computer except where you are using eVanquis service;
- not tell anyone your Security Details, including family members, friends etc;
- if you select your own Security Details, not select a number or word that can easily be associated with you, such as your date of birth, telephone number, driver's licence number and so forth; and
- make sure that nobody watches you or hears you when you are entering or using your Security Details at electronic equipment.
- Where you select your own Security Details, you should try to change them at regular intervals (say every 6 months).
- Please refer to your Account terms and conditions for information on how we use your details.
Cancelling/ Suspending Access / Changing eVanquis/ Keeping up to date
- You can cancel eVanquis at any time by going to the eVanquis website and switching to paper statements only.
- We may cancel eVanquis by giving you 30 days written notice. We may cancel or suspend your access to eVanquis immediately for exceptional circumstances, for example for reasons of fraud. We reserve the right to decline to act on your behalf or accept your instructions where your instructions are believed to be unclear, ambiguous or incomplete using the eVanquis service.
- eVanquis will cancel immediately for the following reasons:
- if your Account is closed; or
- if you die.
- In the event that your Vanquis Card is lost or stolen, when you receive your new Vanquis Card and Account details, please remember to re-register for eVanquis with your new Account details.
- We may need to suspend eVanquis due to maintenance or upgrades to the systems that support eVanquis.
Terms and Conditions for Vanquis Bank Limited SMS Text Service “The Service”
- You must be a current Vanquis Bank Limited customer registered to receive the Service.
- We can only provide the Service to one mobile phone number registered on a UK network nominated by you, and not to any fixed line telephone, a computer capable of receiving text messages or a virtual mobile phone number with ‘070’.
- We may contact you by post or e-mail from time to time with information about the Service explaining how it works and any steps that you may need to take in relation to it.
- We may have to interrupt the Service, for example to carry out maintenance, or for reasons beyond our control. We will try to keep any interruptions to a minimum.
- You should tell us immediately if your nominated mobile phone is lost or stolen, or if you change your nominated phone number. If you do not tell us we will continue to send text messages to the nominated mobile phone number. In such circumstances we will not be liable for disclosures of your account information or losses suffered by you.
- You consent to our processing your personal information for the purpose of providing the Service and where necessary to the passing of that in formation to third parties for the purpose of providing the Service. Your information will be held securely.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss suffered by you as a result of your use of the Service where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or where such loss is not a direct and reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach. We will not be liable to you as a result of any failure in transmission of text alerts to your nominated mobile phone number.
- It is important to keep your mobile phone secure at all times. We cannot be held responsible if a third party obtains access to the information we send to you.
- We may change these terms and conditions as we reasonably consider necessary and will give you notice of any such change.
- Our registered office address is at No. 1 Godwin Street, Bradford, BD1 2SU. The text messages will be sent to you without the addition of the registered office details.
- Any complaints about the Service can be sent to Vanquis Visa Card Customer Service,
PO Box 399, Chatham, ME4 4WQ.
For eVanquis customers
If you have opted to receive the eVanquis service the following will apply to you:
- Upon registration, you will receive 2 monthly text messages to your nominated mobile phone number. One will contain your account details, for example:
Credit available on your Vanquis Visa card
Payment due date and amount to be paid. This will be sent to you at least five working days before your payment due dates.
- The second text message will be a statement alert, and will be sent to your mobile monthly when your new statement is ready to view.
- The SMS is a mandatory part of the eVanquis service, if you do not wish to receive the SMS we will be unable to service your account through eVanquis.
- To stop receiving the Service, you need to cancel eVanquis. Please refer to your eVanquis terms and conditions.
© Copyright Vanquis Bank Limited 2015